readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Unafraid - Melody Grace Summer has been long gone here in Manila but Melody Grace’s books still never fail to make me feel all summery even when the storm was hitting our city. We’re now back to the magical (Yeah, well it seems magical now for me. Couldn't be much more different from Disneyland) Beachwood Bay, North Carolina – where the summer is awesome, people fell in and out of love and for some magical/unknown reasons they reunite and fall madly in love again.

The boy who will inherit the world and the girl with nothing.

Unafraid shifted to Emerson Ray’s younger sister Brit – the spunky girl with an attitude we have met on the two previous books. She was raised by her big brother and was mostly used on being on her own. She uphold a certain and not so good reputation to the small beach town community – she wears provocative clothes, dyes her hair, works at a bar and hook-ups with whoever. She’s a rebel as you can get – a rebel who can’t get over the town’s golden Boy.

Hunter was one of the so-called golden boys of the small town – Handsome, charming, wealthy, and untouchable. He has the world at his feet and comes from a good family background and his parents hopes hat he would follow his dad’s footsteps in running their company.

Chemistry wise, it’s really there and it’s really is potent. I came to understand the source of Brit’s attitude – her insecurities and naiveties. Hunter also has his own demons to face. Seeing them conquer each of their own demise was a great picture to watch. I like Hunter’s determination with Brit and Brit’s determination in getting Hunter back. Well, what can I say, they’re both really determined.

As ever, I love the summery feel of the story. Melody Grace never fails to capture the whole summer thing with her smooth writing. It’s easy to get sucked in to Brit and Hunter’s story. Plus we get a cameo from Jules and Emerson! In all, it was a pretty sweet story. Super easy, fun and fluffy read.

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.