readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

No Reverse - Marion Croslydon
When the love of you life betrayed you and just showed up after six years of no communication. How would you feel?

I started this with the thing in mind that this might be another case of ‘High-school Sweethearts meeting again Syndrome’ – Yes, it’s a bit of that but so much more. I mean, it’s so much more than meeting once again after six long years.

I find myself so surprised as to how wholeheartedly the characters and the story captured me. This will be a weird thing to say but I really like how this book is not about happiness all at once. We see the character’s struggles, loss, betrayals, heartbreaks and devastations – all hard feelings are there making their happily ever after more worth it. I love the story’s progression wherein at once when it feels like everything is good a sudden turn would happen. I like its unpredictability. Every moment feels so raw and painful yet I keep seeing a ray of hope and rainbows at the end.

Look for the word Selfless and Cassie’s name would surely be there. She’s as selfless as you can ever imagine – how could someone be as selfless as her, I don’t know! I really like her genuiness and selflessness but at some point I wanted to slap her real hard because she let people walk all over her and make decisions for her – she could’ve stand up for herself!! But as you read it, you would definitely see how she grew up a as a character who makes her own decisions stands by it but still as selfless as ever.

As for Josh, I don’t really know I kind of love him and hate him. I really didn’t get a good vibe from him yet I know his character is the good one. He’s struggling yes and that is as evident as you read through the story itself.

The set of characters are good. Each of them has their own characteristics that make them stand on their own. I even find myself liking Eleanor because honestly, the author did a great job of projecting to us readers where her character is really coming from.

Six years has been a really long gap between Josh and Cassie add up to these are the certain circumstances they faced during those times. But blinded by hatred and guilt the right choice seems to blur right before their eyes and I really can’t blame them for that. Well, at least they find reconciliation after all.

My only qualm about this is the fact that every couple on this seems to be filing divorce – Eleanor’s parents and even Josh’s parents. I’m just wondering what the author’s intent is for that subject.

In all, it was a great story. I’m grabbed by it and would definitely look forward to its continuation. ;)

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.