readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Escaping Me - Elizabeth   Lee She is the proverbial moth to his flame.

Whitney Vandaveer plans to start anew with her mother and her sister - no more letting people dictate what she would be and what she would do with her life.

Cole Pritchett doesn’t plan to start anew until his overbearing brother reached his boiling point and throw him away to a place where he would have to work – literally and also work his anger management issues.

They we're both escaping their old selves and maybe together they could find who their true selves are.

----

Escaping me is one of those New Adult contemporaries that is  so much easier and enjoying to read. I say it was easier for the better lack of too angst, depression and complication. Though the story passed by the issues of cheating and dictating of ones life and a little bit of miscommunication (which is nothing ne to stories as such) , this is so easy to go through.

The whole story boosts this fuzzy emotion that makes the reading so easy and so much fun. Yes, the issues may be a bit unoriginal and cliché but I think the greatly created characters made up for all of it.

Being a privileged girl doesn’t make Whitney a bitch - in fact she came all too sweet and natural. I love watching her character grow as she learns how to stand on her own decisions for her life. Cole is also a great tandem for her - despite his broodiness, arrogance and stubbornness he's so much easy to like. Mallory, Zeke and Whitney’s mom are also great additions.

I just wished that Mallory get her own happy ever after with her true father. Maybe another story which stars her is around the way. ;)

Overall, Escaping Me is one sweet romance with its nice and fuzzy setting, great characters and a plot that is well built despite its simplicity. I enjoyed reading it! :)

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.