readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Axel (Corps Security, #1) - Harper Sloan Let’s start this by ticking off the list of things that I do like with this book:

Firstly, I like the story progression. It didn’t happen in an instant. There’s history with the characters. There’s a past, present and definitely a future. Things didn’t happen in an instant and once the reunion happened it also didn’t happened all at once and I do like it.

Isabelle has it all. The fairy tale like love life with Axel and loving parents. But he is going off to the marines…

I admire Axel’s stint with the Marines. I’m always a sucker for story guys who are part part soldiers or marines. I always see something too vulnerable and admirable despite their very hard physicality.

Dee and Greg are like the saving grace for Izzy and Axel’s story. They;’re both always there for Izzy and as Axel came back to Izzy’s life they’re still both there to make it seem bearable, not only for Izzy but for Axel as well.

Greg. Could I just say now that I can’t wait for his story! He carries this story great for the min characters Isabelle and Axel. I think he seems to become a foundation to these two.

Another thing is the presence of a very sensitive topic to this story which is what happened to Isabelle. It’s a given problem to the society and really helps me know where Izzy is coming from.

The not so good side that I saw about it is Isabelle’s continuous whining! Could she could get more frustrating? I understand where she’s really coming from – her young love going away to join the marines, her parents dying, miscarried a baby and a husband who treats her badly, but seriously? For all those shitty things that happened to her, couldn’t she just appreciate what she has at the moment? She has a nice group of friends who all definitely love her plus they’re all hot ex-marines, what more could she ask for?

Another thing is that even though I love intensity to the stories I’ve read, Axel gives us too much of it. Everything clashes all at once.

In all, it was a good reading experience. Well, despite my hesitations, this story still gripped my heart and will definitely look forward for the upcoming books from this series. :)

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.