readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Plunge - Sindhu S.
An Indian woman. Her trials, happiness, love and her man.

I will start this review with the way I feel about the ending of this book, well, honestly its the only redeeming part of it. The end happened just when I'm starting to get the hype on. I love the emotional and surprising turn of events.

Why is that you ask? I don't really know. The first part and middle part of the story just didn't quite grip me.

Here I am with my expectations once again. Sigh. So I'm expecting a romance story that flows through the same plot as to others but what I get is a story where the girl is involved in affair with a married guy but for her, their affair is simply more than hitting the sack for she harbor deep feelings for the guy. It was really far far from what I was expecting based on the blurb posted.

As for the characters, I really didn't get the chance to connect with them. The story was told in different point of views of Anjali, Swapna and Siddharta so at the beginning I'm a bit confused as to who should I put my focus on - whether it Siddharta, Anjali or Swapna's story though these three are all intertwined.

Anjali is a soft-hearted character. She may be the one girl who has the most horrible sexual past due to idiotic guys that she's been around with. I really find myself questioning what really she did find with Siddharta. I mean, he's hot and cold with her and seems to take what they have too casually, I think Anjali sees it but she's being blinded by what she feels with him. I honestly think, that Siddharta's character was lamely made. I mean, I didn't see an inch of thing that makes him pretty much likable!

Despite those hesitations, I can't erase the fact the The Plunge was a story with a lesson. Oh and a question, why is it titled The Plunge? Feel free to enlighten me about it. ;)

I'm honestly expecting more but didn't get that hype. But as I've said firstly, I like the ending, despite the not so good middle parts, it ended with a bang! It's emotional, heavy and surprising, sometimes I hate that kind of ending but I think it quite suited this one.

*Copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.