readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Addicted to You  - Krista Ritchie, Becca Ritchie
Two dysfunctional people.
One who wants to find her own release anywhere it maybe and the other who never seems to see the limit of liquor bottles.

Three long years of codependent relationship.
But when the fine line between fake and real seems to blur for them, would they pursue one another or just let their addictions eat them up.

description

Addiction is one tough issue to talk about. I really don't have enough knowledge about thins thing but this book speaks greatly about this term. I'm open to drug addiction, addiction to collecting stuff but this is the first time I encounter serious addiction as to what this book has.

An alcoholic and a sex addict.

Loren Hale - his name speaks volume of hotness! I just think his name sounds so handsome and dreamy. Anyway, he may come as your typical college guy who is handsome, hot, funny, loves to party and any other typical college student events to come into but one thing that is different from him and the one thing that anyone can't seem to see is that he's an alcoholic - an alcoholic who could finish a bottle of liquor in no down time. I love Loren's humor laced to all the seriousness of the issues on this book.

Lily Calloway is one disturbing character and clearly not the typical college student - she's struggling with school and has a serious case of sex addiction. She's not finding a reason to simply sleep around, its like there was an itch that she cant seem to stop scratching.

The funny thing about these two is that they're both the heir to successful companies. I'm not really on the socialite part of life so I guess that this thing really lies behind the life of the rich and famous. It's not like I'm judging them or such but its just that there are certainties that it might be true.

With their addiction present, the rainbow beneath this story is the relationship between Loren and Lily. They have a very complicated relationship, but I easily saw the affection and love that they feel with each other. They become codependent and though its really not ideal for them to tolerate each others addiction, they're both still there for one another. They make be faking it to the eyes of the other people but they're more than real to one another.

The story is not all about Loren and Lily, the secondary characters Rose, Ryke and Connor are all so sweet. I'm honestly hesitant with them at first but they all proved me wrong, for they redeemed themselves and prove their true intent is to simply help Lily and Loren.

I'm really surprised with how this book all comes out to me. Honestly, at first I thought its another story about boy-meets-girl-all complications between but no, I was given so much more. I sympathize, understand, feel breathless and even fall in love with the characters and the story itself. I'm really waiting for the moment for them to get help or something but the authors did a great job into leaving it for the next book.

Addicted To You is really a heartwarming story about real life problems that is there but we just cant seem to see it. The ending might be quite bittersweet but at least it all ends well and hopefully, the characters find their better ways into healing. A definite must read!

*Copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.