readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1) - Kelly Oram Chameleon gives us a one of a kind story wherein I think all the supernatural beings are present - from the warlocks, anomaly, witch, vampire, werewolves, seer, pure, necromancers, wizards, oracle - all of them are here. All summed up into one, isn't it amazing?!

In all honesty, I'm a bit weary when I started reading this, I can't seem to get in the 'in-the-zone' moment during the first parts for I don't really know what to expect, but the overall story line was pretty interesting. As I get my phase into reading this, I find it easy to get through it. I love the mystery part of the story. The way where I keep guessing who really is behind the things that are happening and all the killings.

Dani literally makes me laugh, she's a smart-mouthed character who is also strong and caring. She challenges people who gets into her way and she isn't really afraid to show what she really feels. When she discovers that she discover that she has a magical power, its pretty much understandable that she would be shocked, she really annoys me during the first parts but at least she did good and handle things better during the next parts.

I really haven't been into the love triangle between Dani, Russ and Gabriel. Though Gabriel has never shown any bad side, but his relationship with Dani was too forced and the idea that they're already married in the eyes of the council without any events or something really didn't appeal to me. With Russ and Dani, that's where I feel terribly bad. I'm honestly rooting for these two for I adored reading about them and the history behind them and its really a shame to see how terrible their relationship ended, they have more chemistry than Gab and Dani (Sorry Gab fans!) :(

Despite the ending being squeaky clean, I was still left with a lot of questions. There are a lot of hanging threads that are left.

Chameleon was a unique story that encompasses all the supernatural beings that we see separately on other stories. The world building is really clever and I enjoyed reading it. Is there more? I do hope so.

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.