readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2) - Lyla Payne Wouldn't it be interesting if there is a way where you could rate the guys at your school? In that way, you would know whom to go out to or not, right-oh?!

Ruby Cotton, solved the problem of Whitman University's girl population
by making the Whitman Referral Site.

What would Ruby do when the lowest ranked guy on her site became the guy that she's most attracted to? Will the attraction and understanding between each other be enough or will the secrets keep them apart?

----

By Referral Only is the companion novel to the Whitman University series following up the story of Emilie and Quinn was Ruby Cotton's story.

Now, Ruby Cotton is a one tough pill to swallow. She's the feisty roommate of Emile and I never thought that she would be this hard and strong of a character. She's a theater geek who loves to party and have sex on the side and she definitely hates commitments because 'she's been there, done that and even got the t-shirt burned', making her definitely close off to any emotional encounters.Upon hearing awful stories with guys, she decides to build up a portal ranking guys on their university and honestly, the idea of The Whitman Referral site is pure dead brilliant - well negative and repercussions aside.

Enter, Cole fucking Stewart - the Scottish, rich, handsome swimmer bloke who is also hiding a secret super stardom when it comes to acting. He's almost perfect so why does he rank as one of the lowest? Could it be true that he's just a good-make-out partner but not so good in bed? Hmmm.

I love the reverse Identity kind of thing on this story wherein the girl - Ruby is the aggressive one and Cole is the innocent side. I'm kinda hook with fictional guys with attitudes like Cole - the underdog, mysterious type. ;)

One aspect I really didn't like is the fact that Ruby continuously mope about the fact that her family has new money and she comes from new money. I just get too annoyed and as she continuously repeat that mantra again and again, it honestly starts to get old.

I love seeing Quinn and Emilie make a cameo here and By Referral only is a great addition to the Whitman Series! By Referral Only is a quick, witty and entertaining read.

*Copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.