readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

This Love (University of Branton) (Volume 1) - Nazarea Andrews I love Forbidden Love types of story.
I don’t know I just like this slightly scandalous yet intriguing feeling that stories like that gives me. I love the mystery of it all; I wanted to see how something that is doomed from the start would end.

He's a professor that needed an assistant to arrange his research papers and she's in a serious need of a job that could give her enough money for her to attend her sister's wedding in Jamaica.

How convenient for them right?

This Love’s plot is pretty simple – the blurb seems to say it all. Having a pretty simple plot could be a bad thing for others but Nazarea Andrew makes this simple story into something that would definitely tickle your curiosity and imagination. Plus the simple setting of the story makes it all easy to dive into; it’s easy to read through.

The author presented to us two undeniably adorable characters: Avery and Atticus. A woman with her own perspective - Avery Emili; She is this strong woman who knows what she wants and goes after it no matter what. The pirate and legend enthusiast - Atticus Grime; Well, he's the professor, the kind that makes his student drools and simply wants to stare at during lectures.

They’re simply supposed to have a very casual and simple relationship - but when attraction strikes, it strikes right? No matter how much you fought and hide it it’s all a losing battle. They’ve both been through rough relationships and still have the hard time trusting someone, but seeing them fell into a relationship that is all so good was just so fun to watch. Just when you thought the time for them to part ways would come, they would rub it off and come back to each other.

The two main characters being described, I don know if it’s just me or all the secondary/supporting characters are all forgettable. Secondary characters play a great deal for me but it seems like this is where the story seemed to lack: its distinction with its secondary characters. It’s not that I want them to take the spotlight from Atti and Avery, I just think that its so much better for them to have a very unforgettable stand on the story.

Another thing is the way one of the main characters doesn’t seem to want to sacrifice in order for their relationship to work. I’m talking about you Avery. I know you have a lot on your plate but to say those things to Atti? It’s not just good. You’re not the only one who has a lot to sacrifice and he’s not even saying that you need to sacrifice something for him; in fact he’s willing to do that for you. :| It’s called compromise, sweetheart.

From the sexy professor, to the student assistant, the undeniable tension, creepy and weird ex's, This Love is one good reading company. I’m still itching for more with that epilogue but all is well that end’s well. If you want an easy, romance read, don’t fail to pick this one up.

Blog tour stop at Reads and Thoughts.
*Thanks to Inkslinger and the author for kindly providing the copy for review.*