readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Hazrads of Skinny Dipping - Alyssa Rose Ivy ‘This story is about skinny dipping, remember?
One last piece of advice: if you decide to go skinny dipping, make sure your bring a towel.’

As the blurb of the story says: this is not a story about first loves or self discovery. It was about rash decisions, finally scoring with the guy you’ve been crushing on forever but finding out that despite the good looks he utterly sucked in bed add up to this equation is the presence of this baseball cap wearing hot guy who works on a pizza place.

I just got out of College (Yay! For me for finishing it) but tbh I never had that kind of experience/s that stories like this told. Yes, I did try some ridiculous stuff but nothing too extreme or stupid enough. And for once, I envy the courage that characters from fiction-world have for doing some sassy and ridiculous things.

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping is a creative and a pretty interesting story. Who wouldn’t be interested with skinny dipping? lol. Its captivating premise really lived up well to my expectations.

Juliet with her spunky attitude and being able to handle her self on her own makes me like her. Even though at times she makes rash decisions that makes me want to roundhouse kick her – I do understand where she’s really coming from another plus side is that I love her relationship with her cousin Amy.

Dylan – the disappointing man in bed. *evil grin* At first encounter, I know something was off with this guy and luckily I didn’t really root for him and though he seems to be a big deal on the story I know and I’m confident enough to know that he’ll never be a threat for anything that is coming.

Reed was what I would like to call the underdog character. He didn’t come up flaunty and he has his pa-mysterious effect on him but despite that he has a strong sense of character that makes him stand out among the guys.

The characters on this story seems to be the easiest set of characters that I’ve encountered – I know and loved who deserved to be really loved and loathed the people who should really be loathed. There is a great balance and dynamic between the characters on this book which makes the reading experience easy and much better.

I have a lot of ‘I thought..’ moments while reading this.
Like how I thought Kyle would be the one for Juliet but nope he acts out like his brother – like a douche.
I thought Reed would come off as the guy that I would hate but nope coz he’s a good guy through and through.
I thought Amy and Reed we’re secretly or have a romantic past but nope. This is a definite wrong assumption, but they do know each other.
And all of this ‘I thought.. moments ends up being on the wrong side of my thinking, I didn't even get a thing right. Haha.

A little concern: does the cover really did look similar with A Summer To Remember? It looked eerily similar and I first read that book so now I don’t know who originally own that cover art but anyway it was used appropriately for the story so no big drama over there – just being my little curios self.

In everything that happened on this book, the funny and hilarious moments do stand out for me. This is what you should read if you want to just simply enjoy reading – no dramas and heavy stuffs. The story line is unique and The Hazards for Skinny Dipping belongs to its own category.

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.