readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Lost in You - Heidi  McLaughlin

"When he looked at me, my heart began racing so fast I thought I was going to pass out. The rush I'm feeling right now is like no other. I've never been one to believe in love at first sight. Can it exist after one simple look?"

Hadley Carter is America's Pop Princess.
Ryan Stone is Brookefield's nobody.
As cliché as it may sound - when they met sparks fly and they begin to get lost in each other.
---

How fun do you think it would be if meeting rock stars or famous artists and getting them to fall in love with you is as easy as it is like on stories? Wouldn’t it be convenient and satisfying to see Adam Levine or that guy from The Script groveling at your feet begging for your attention and love and singing love songs to you? Mind blowing and very surreal isn’t it? Well, stories make it quite easy but dreaming about it isn’t really bad either. ;)

I used that opening thought because once again I’m faced with a story where 'famous-person-fall-in-love-with-normal-person'. I know, I know. It’s another cliché love story that follows that path but surprisingly I find Lost In You as fascinating as engrossing as it is as refreshing to read. It's the reverse of that typical flow of the story, because for once the girl on the story is the one who holds the spotlight while the guy is the one behind it. This is an entirely new set -up for me since I'm really used to guys being the stars.

From the very first chapter my heart saddens for Ryan. It hurts for him. At such a young age his dad has taken away the freedom that he deserved. He endured a lot of things for his own sake and his mother’s. I wanted to give him the freedom that he deserved and simply want him to be happy.

From my very first encounter with Hadley I know she’s not a diva. She's a woman living up to her dreams and doing what she really loved despite the hard circumstances or consequences that it offered.

These two characters leave a great impression to me. My heart loved, ached, cried and celebrated with them. In times that they were apart they didn’t succumb to their own miseries but they both come out of their shelves explore the world in front of them, learn new things and continue their life.

I could’ve given this a five star rating if not for..

** The little lack of conclusion for Ryan’s parents. As much as I hate his father, it would’ve been nice to see what happened to them - did his dad go to jail? Did his mom get away from his dad? A conclusion to that I think would be great.

** Another thing is that the gap after what happened when Ryan graduated high school to the time he saw Hadley once again wasn’t shown. It seems a very little detailed but I did get confused to the transition of the time.

The story has an underlying serious issue that I would not elaborate for the sake of spoiling it to you guys, but one thing is for sure - It would make you hold more to your seats and continue reading this.

I enjoyed reading the world created by Ms. McLaughlin - this romantic, unpredictable, exciting yet a bit unrealistic world of Hadley and Ryan. Way to go!

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.