readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Prelude - KaSonndra Leigh
PRELUDE: The beginning of a song that hooks people inside its spell and never lets the person go until the last note trickles through their mind. Its is the part of the song that pulls you in, hypnotizing you with it's beauty.

Music and Fashion.
Love, Passion and Betrayal.
Action, Surprises and Mysteries.
I'm hooked in many different ways.

The Prelude was an okay read for me. I did enjoy reading it I was just left confused on some parts.

Milan, Italy - who wouldn’t want to be there and experience all the glitz and glamour that city offers. That setting for the story really did sell well for me but I would find it much better if the city was more explored.

Erin has lost everything that she loved - her parents and her sister and the first guy she ever let into her heart. From then on she keeps her heart in check and refuses to let anyone in. She's a very strong and determined woman and is stronger and wiser.

She continually has this continuous flow of thoughts and called it Reckless Me and Righteous Me - I didn’t like it for some uncertain reason it annoys me.

Alek Dostov – I honestly didn’t like his domineering and controlling and Christian Grey-ish attitude. I get that he's the hot maestro and he always gets what he wants – but for some certain reasons those traits from him didn’t work with me. But I do admire how he respect Erin's decisions about their relationship and take things slow and gentle.

These two both have their own dark secrets; Secrets that would take them apart and broke their hearts. This is where that predictable stuff came – I have a hunch over the twist and I did get it right. ;)

Erin and Alek's connection - I see a spark but I don’t think it ignited and shined so brightly. Their connection is there but it lacks something.

I’m also a bit loss for the additional Mafia aka Erin’s life coach addition to the story. It has its own structure but I don’t think it quite blended well on the story I think its good but it seems to be too forced.

The Prelude is a story about letting go of the ghost of the past, trusting and learning again to love. It was okay and reading this went well for me. :)

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.