readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Second Rate Chances - Holly Stephens The concept of Amnesia doesn't really fail to intrigue me. There is always this part of me that ticks with curiosity when I get to read stories with people losing memories - how would they cope up? How could they start up all over again? Is losing their memory enough to mend the fences or people they broke? Would that be enough for second chances?

Three hurtful years have passed since Sam walked out of Lil's life. Three hurtful years of therapy and coping up with life. They we’re once both blissfully in love with one another but life sets its wheels into motion – the road get rough and they separate ways. What would Lil do if Sam came back to her thinking they're still the same as three years ago? Will she be able to help him and easily go on with her life as he recovers? Or will she still succumb to those feelings she still feel for Sam even though she knows that there is that great danger that he may left her – again?

The story slowly goes into the details of Sam and Lil's life - from the early stage of their relationship to their slit up and how did it affect the people around them especially their friends and family. Though the concept of a person losing his/her memories are quite used these days maybe in TV, movies or books Second Rate Chances offers a story with this subject in a somewhat well-thought manner. It was like reading as new stuff; it was very much appealing to the readers like me for it has its sense of mystery that tickles your curiosity.

I also like the characterization of the story. Sam's family and their friends are so warm-hearted. I know Chloe was really the bitch so I'm not surprised that she did end up being the bitch after all together with her father. Sam and Lil are so good but seriously their name was shortened for Samson and Delilah? Seriously?

Anyhow, I do enjoy reading Sam and Lil's story. It's not perfect and it’s not that overly unique thing but one thing is for sure on their story was their chance is definitely not second-rated. It ended in a very happy and promising note:

"It is said that a love of epic proportions would stand the test of time from here until eternity."

*Copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.