readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Lennon's Jinx - Chris  Myers This book is similar to many other type of books that surfaces these days but I simply don't get tired of it and I still loved it.
Problems, lies, issues and secrets...

Lennon and Jinx are two people who are most likely to like each other because they’re both the end of things. Lennon is the bad-boy rocker persona who has girls whirling around him and is surely not used to their rejection while Jinx is the weird, shy and timid girl. But they both have one thing in common: the baggage they carry. They both have those baggages that are too heavy to carry and they’re both forced to grow up too fast what with everything that is going through on their lives. And as much as they don’t want like each other sometimes you just can’t help who you fall for.

John Lennon Tyler (his name is already screaming rock star!) is not only a prince to her little sister Currie and her friend Zoe's eyes but in my eyes he's also a prince - a prince that seems to be at lost. At such a young age he has taken the responsibility to take care of his younger sister and my heart melted for that. He is a whole new different person when he’s with Currie and Zoe and I really do admire him for his extreme care and love for both of those little girls.

Zoe's story intrigued me. There are subtle hints scattered around the book as to what her secret is and I have a few guesses and some of them are literally right. Like Lennon, in such a young age she's been through a lot especially the misery and guilt that's been eating her up. She’s been in a very traumatic event that she couldn't let anyone know and that’s eating her up. In a way, I feel bad about what really happened to her its not right for her to go through such tragic stuff and have no one to lean on even her very own mother.

Zoe and Currie are two cute little girls that I want to cuddle. These two little girls have everyone on the story wrapped up around their little fingers – even I myself was wrapped up around them. In a very young age, they already acted and think like an adult. My heart melted and break for them.

Lennon and Jinx story was a process. It didn't happen instantly, it grows and grows and it’s really nice to sit back and read it all play out. There are rough sides, but all stories had those right? Reading it was so easy because the characters are easy to get into - they easily get you n the zone. The author wrote the story in a way that it really is easy to read.

From the drama, music and the twists, I liked it. The story was messy and complicated and though I hate the complicated and messy parts I'm still looking forward for the continuance of their story.

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.