readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Scarlet Woods - Brooke Passmore Reading this book is like going inside the Scarlet forest because I really don't know what to expect. The blurb easily sold me and I find myself wanting to read it badly and luckily I'm one of those fortunate ones to be chosen by the author to read and review this new novel of hers.

Time travelling is one of those topics that truly fascinate me. Who wouldn’t be fascinated in travelling back and forth through different time right? In Scarlet Woods, we find the lives of two people Danny Carson and Morgan Westbrook who came from two different times and era intertwine with each other through a magical door located in the deep forest of Scarlet.

Morgan Westbrook was a girl from the year 2013 who's been hiding on the shadows of the tragic event that happened to her parents. She’s a happy, playful and a regular teenage girl until her parents suddenly disappears. She's been living with her aunt since then and she became all throughout closed to other people that might also leave her in a blink of an eye. She’s been very careful to who she let in on her life. She's a very fragile character but you could see all her valid points throughout the story.

Danny Carson is one dreamy character who came from 1863. He’s possessing fine behaviors that are potent during his time. He’s such a gentleman and very caring and loving and helpful to his family and friends. It's very much easy to love him. He's responsible and willing to take for granted his own happiness just to not let his family suffer.

With the magic door through deep in the forest the lives of these two people intertwined with each other. They find themselves in utter happiness with each other companies but everything isn’t about happiness, there are struggles against it - it may come in the form of a raging jealous fiancée, the said fiancées creepy brother, and the battle of some slavery thing.

I find myself really engrossed in Morgan and Danny's story. It was easy to go with in once you started reading it. Their travel back and forth from each others time was pretty fascinating to read and I really do envy both of them. At time's I find myself feeling a bit scared for both Danny and Morgan as they came through that magical door that separate their times because what if the door might not work anymore and one of them was trapped on a certain century? It may lead to a more complicated story though.

Anyhow, what I really like about this is the fact that the complications on the story does not really on the door itself as to what my first assumption to it. The complications on the story were kind of deep and much unexpected. I really like the unpredicatble-ness of the plot of the story. I was also intrigued by the connection of it to history, I'm not really a history buff but I was fascinated by Danny's bit connection to it since he'll go to war himself.

In all, it was a great read. I'm excited to read more of Danny and Morgan and how they would both survive the distance and war. Scarlet in War I'm waiting for youuuu! ?

*Advanced copy kindly provided for review*
*Blog Tour deets posted at Reads and Thoughts.