readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Origin - Jennifer L. Armentrout As Daemon said, And the proverbial poo hit the fan. Meh. I was once again faced with an action packed story with a very unbelievable ending. If Opal left me bitterly crying over the end, Origin left me breathless, panting, and unbelievably begging for more. JLA strikes me again with her witty banter, awesome awesome plot with its roller coaster twists and of course the sweet romance.

Could we talk about the cover first? Holy Crapola! Daemon is honestly killing me with his smoldering look! It totally fits the whole "I'll burn the world to save here" theme. And honestly, that cover was enough reason for me to buy my first paperback copy of the Lux Series. ;)

Daedalus, Origins, Hybrids, War and Baby Daemons.

Origin starts up where the last book ended. Now, I'm honestly left crying over the last book so I was keeping all my fingers crossed for Origin to get back on its track and make my feelings stable and fortunately that was the case coz Origin is by far the most action packed among the Lux series!

I find Origin different from the other books on this series (in a very positive way). First, because it was told on the alternating views of Daemon and Kat; And these characters shows so much growth on the story. I get to see Daemon’s great devotion to everyone he love. Also, his snarky bad ass side makes quite an appearance here. It seems like with every book, I get to love him more and more and more but a little side not to this is that I can’t help but also hate it at times. I hate him for his sweet and simple words and ways with Katy. I want some Daemon Black! Lol. Kat is tougher and stronger. Yes, she's facing a lot and she's a bit broken but the way she doesn’t lose hope and fight off everything that she can makes me like her all the more.

Archer was fantastic character added up to their team. Even though I thought he would be a triangle to Daemon and Katy, I began to love him over the course of the story. He's different and you all would get to see his uniqueness throughout the story. He's quite an enigma and figuring him out was the best part here.

Origin opens up a window and lets us all know more about Daedalus and their goose bumping plans. While Daemon is on the midst of rescuing Kat, Kat is alone with them. It was honestly nerve-wracking and panicking to read the first parts of the story where Kat was on their hands but I can’t help but also love the way the author extends the tension to its readers. JLA makes me feel like I’m Katy for I’m torn if Daedalus was really the good or the bad guys; if we should trust them or not. It was all convincing.

The phasing of the story was great for the story itself. It never gets boring and slow for me because the whole time I was reading it, I'm filled with great anticipation. Plus each turn of the page gets me different reactions. There are certain parts of the plot that I totally saw coming but it doesn’t erase the fact that it’s all still good for me. The ending isn’t a cliffhanger but it left me a bit disturbed and I know for sure it was a really big thing. So the wait for the final book is totally to die for.

From the back to back to back action and fast paced plot to the sweet and sensual relationship of Daemon and Kat, Origin is definitely the best to this series yet. It's a must read to all Lux fans out there. Origin is a preview of what I know would be an exceptionally good finale and finding the end game was really killing me. Happy Endings are bound to happen, I know that Ms.Armentrout. ;)