readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Untitled (Sea Breeze, #5) - Abbi Glines It’s always nice to play catch-up with a whole bunch of fictional characters! Sometimes it lasts was like a great reunion for the whole See Breeze Gang.

Before proceeding, I want to explain that my 2 stars rating denote that this book was an okay read but not totally bad. The only bad thing here is my feelings because this is the first Abbi Glines books that I’ve given 2 stars.

Cage and Eva's story ended on a very nice note on their first book [b:While It Lasts|13496738|While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)|Abbi Glines|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1332261619s/13496738.jpg|19040270]. Now, I was satisfied with how that book ended but of course I can't help but also crave for more thus me being excited for the continuation of their story. Unfortunately, I was not so happy with how things go on in here. It was not that bad but I can't help but scratch my head and roll my eyes.

Upon reading the prologue, I was surprised with the whole setup and even find myself thinking "What the sheesh happened?. From then, I get the notice that somewhere along the book Cage and Eva's relationship will be strayed but knowing the reason why definitely didn’t work out for me. It was too shallow of a reason. The relationship of these two was strong and I don't know any trust issues that lingers with them have but the thing still happened.

I don’t know whether to like Eva or not here. She’s hot and cold most of the time. I do understand that maybe it’s from stress and anxiety but I just can’t place her throughout the story. But one thing I do like is how her relationship with he father was captured here. Cage is more vulnerable here and we get to see his sweetheart side.

The rainbow I saw on this book was the pretty sweet proposal of Cage to Eva *singing "Hey Baby, I think I wanna marry you"* plus we get to see the whole gang again as I have mentioned.

Sometimes It Lasts was an okay read but definitely didn’t wow me like the other books from this series. Still, I'm happy Cage and Eva find their piece of happy ending.