readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Search Me - Katie Ashley This is what creativity looks like!

I have read The Proposal by Katie Ashley and that certain series definitely brings out the romantic flair of the author but after some recommendations from GR Friends and continuously seeing this new piece of her – Search Me – I finally dived into a world where I was oh so happy to say that is definitely another hit from her. So what makes it a hit? Well, the frontline for this review is the main reason for that – the story is full of creativity in it. Creativity in a sense that the author doesn’t focus on the same plot line that she uses for her other stories instead she dived into a bit unknown where the readers where left on the edge of their seats.

Second-shot at romance with the undeniable tension between Lane and Maddox.
Old Cherokee treasure map.
Villains that will do anything and everything just to get their hands on gold.

Isn’t that creative and intriguing enough for you? The story was well crafted and put together and everything flows smoothly. There are a lot of twists and turns, action, danger, running and some life threatening scenes but every bump and turn is pretty much unpredictable and that is an epic pro for me.

It’s easy to like Lane – even tough she thinks she‘s a privileged spoiled only child she’s far from that. She’s down to earth and pretty much easy going. Her snarky, feisty and sarcastic sides are the best. Reading this story on her perspective is really great coz she do have a lot of insights about things.

Maddox, Oh! Maddox! You guys know I have a huge thing for soldiers/army/navy/military guys (whatever their difference might me) so its really no surprise that Maddox would definitely be up on my list. He’s a scarred guy who’s lost after years of being transferred from foster home to foster home. But his interactions with Lane as a child and even at the present time – I adore him. He’s a genuine guy that doesn’t want anything other than the best for the girl he definitely loves.

"If you had told me forty-eight hours ago, that I, Lane Montgomery--college student, part-time ballerina, sheltered and spoiled only child--would be running for my life from deranged treasure seekers with the very guy who broke my heart...I would have laughed in your face."

Sine their younger years until their young adulthood, Lane and Maddox has the love and hate kind of relationship and it wasn’t ruined until a night happened and changed everything between them. These two has the type of relationship that I look forward to – the type where the couple has a history and doesn’t base their relationship in instant attraction or such. They have a certain rapport that is witty, sarcastic yet laced with undeniable and great tension.

However, the story doesn’t solely focus on the budding relationship between our two characters because the greater part of the story was spent on the action/suspenseful parts. It was exhilarating to read characters under this kind of adventure. I like the anticipation that this brought to me - the anticipation as to what makes Lane hate Maddox so much; anticipation if the treasure and myth that they’re following is true or if they will resolve everything and things will get settled. It definitely leaves me on the edge of my seat. I was tensed, anticipating and surprised as to where this is all are going.

This is a great addition to the authors treasure novels. I enjoyed every bit of it!