readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Keeping Her - Cora Carmack I'm one of those who are eagerly waiting for Cora Carmack's new releases and Keeping Her was no exception to this. It was too short for my own liking. Why novellas do always eats me up like this? I know I'm not the only one who was left wanting for more!

This story is such a tease yet it left me contented with Bliss and Garrick's story. It shows Garrick and Bliss’ visit in London. This story greatly shows the growth of this two into their relationship. What started out as a simple friendship with attractions and complications now grown into something more - so much more because they’re both now on their way into tying the knots.

The story doesn’t only let us take a glimpse of their life together but also opens up a new chapter or an unseen chapter in Garrick's life such as why he really end up moving to the United States and the state of his life in London - which is really far from the way he lived in the United States.

For a novella, I like that the author made us see this stage of their relationship in both their perspectives. It's hilarious to read Bliss' internal dialogues and insecurities and awkward, witty and charming self. And also Garrick’s anxiety with meeting again his parents and seeing his friends in London and is it just me or his sweetness seems to skyrocket here more?

It was short, sweet and very nice! I would’ve said that I could not ask for more but I do wanted to see more of Garrick and Bliss maybe soon so I guess for now this will be enough.