readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Juilliard or Else - Nichele Reese Just like Abigail, since I was a child I’m fascinated with ballet – with their graceful moves and colorful dresses. I think, my dad even sign me up on a ballet class when I was about 5 or 6 but I really don’t know what happened after that since that certain memory was 95% hazy to me now. He-he. Anyway, now guys, you see what brought me into reading this one – it’s the concept of ballet added up to a very intriguing story.

The rich girl ballerina with Bulimic problems.
The deprived tattoo artist with Drug dealing problems.

Well, those two statement sums up this story. Eye-roll inducing right? Well, it really is But, I don’t really want to judge it basing on that. The story has its pros and cons and let me dissect it for you guys:

Let’s start with the pro, well the characters Gabs and Tucker felt very real and they’re pretty engaging character. Gabs, even though belonging to a high social status she’s pretty much down to earth making her easy to like. She’s unquestionably naïve and the only bad side to that is she gets a bit needy and clingy at times.

Tucker on the other hand, was one of those characters that are tough to figure out. It’s a good thing that since the beginning for the story we know who Tucker really is – the bad side was first introduced to us but since then I know that he has a heart of gold and simply wanted the best in life.

The con that I find here is that there is too much drama and angst on the plot. When you think it through a lot really happened - with their inner self problems, parent conflicts, third parties and so on and so forth. I think toning down the angst a drama could do so much more. But I do appreciate the twists and turns that the story brought. Just when I thought I could see well what was coming I suddenly bumped into a wall leading me into another unexpected scene on the next page.

Oh and I just want to say Kudos to the author for tactfully writing about several topics that are too sensitive like eating disorder and drug dealing. Despite the too much drama, those sensitive issues are well handled.

Overall, the setting and characters were fine with me the too much drama just throws me off the hooks. Well, it was not a perfect read but it was okay.