readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Rock Her - Rachel Cross I know I’m not the only one who’s under the dilemma of never knowing what to write about a certain book. It's not that I don’t like it; it’s just that I don’t love it either and that makes it harder coz I can't seem to place my thoughts for this one. So, I'll just try to take it step by step…

When Kate saves a young surfer who goes underneath the water with the help of another savior Alec, she never thought that her life would spin off drastically after that.
Alec Sawyer was The Alec Sawyer - famous guitarist from a retired band; alcoholic turned workaholic.
When the news spins around that they become a hero for a day, words travel fast that they’re also a couple - thus start a relationship from friends, lust and duh love.

People may have loved that same plot flow I have given you above but I guess I have read my fair share of contemporary romance making this like an ordinary one. There is so much more from this story and I really do appreciate the author’s way of wovening the lives of this two strangers but my search to find something new and banging came up a bit empty.

Character wise, I really like Kate – selfless, strong and very accepting; She's forced to grow up fast what with her mom dying leaving her to fend for her and her younger sister. As for Alec, well I was skeptical about him - he's older and wiser yet he's the one who seem to be acting like a child with all his dramatics and test to Kate.

The insta-love and the fight that leads to their semi-separation was honestly eye-roll inducing but fortunately I feel this certain genuineness between them that I know at some point, if well developed their insta-love would work.

Well, in all it was an okay read for me. Contemporary lover? Yep, you could pick this one up.