readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Near and Far - Nicole  Williams I love you, Jesse Walker.

I never thought my fascination with this guy would increase more after reading Lost & Found. In here, we see the dark side, true blue romantic and even the gooey putty side of Jesse Walker and I couldn’t not love him more!

If the first book was about finding love between Jesse and Rowen, Near and Far is about them trying to work things out with their relationship. Rowen is starting college in Seattle while Jesse stayed with his parents in Montana. It's quite a distance, but with them holding on and compromising and sacrificing they would try to handle it and deal with it.

If you look up the words Compromise and Sacrifice, the names of Jesse and Rowen should be put beside it. With all the distance thing, the way they compromise and sacrifice for each other was great. It was a tough act having a long distance relationship - a lot could definitely happen but they both make it happen, hold on and trust with each other.

The surprising thing about here is the fact that our guy - Jesse Walker is the one struggling on this story. He's struggling with his self worth. He thinks he's unworthy of love and didn’t want to drag up Rowen to his dark and shady past. When his story was revealed and he broke down, Damn! I also broke down. It was beautifully tragic and definitely makes me love Jesse more. On the other hand, this very situation with Jesse also makes me appreciate Rowen's character growth. After what she's been through - as to what happen in Lost and Found, it’s really good to see her this time the one who is comforting and fighting for Jesse.

With the long distance relationship, admirers are for sure lining for Rowen and Jesse, but fortunately neither of them seemed to make a great deal out of it and honestly it really made me feel happy that the main complication didn’t come from a third party. This part just proved how both of them truly valued their relationship.

They saw each other at their worst, they’ve seen their relationship at its worst and there is definitely no other way for them than to live their happy ever after.

It was indeed a smile-inducing story and its relay worth reading. Now, the third book is about to come and it will be about our resident bad-boy Garth Black - me excited? Definitely!