readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

This Time Around - Ellie  Grace
This time around they will not let anyone hinder what they have.
This time around they will make everything right - better.
This time around it will be for forever.

This is another case of I just have to give it a try book. I don’t know I always get that compulsion.

Norah comes from a privileged family. Jake is the town bad boy.
Two former sweethearts came back together.
Sounds too cliché? Yes, it is. But This Time Around is one of those types of read that are easy, exciting yet will definitely get you. I don't know but I enjoyed reading it.

Norah and Jake are okay characters. There is nothing thatexceptional about them but they both hold their ground. Norah was snarky and spunky - she always puts up in a fight and I like her for that; however her ability to assume every little thing annoys me. As for Jake, I don’t really know what to say, he was a good character but his determination to still be with Norah and prove himself to her and her family was awesome.

His awesome proposal to Norah swoons me!!

Only mishap for me is I think the time between them separating and getting back together happened too fast. Yes, I know it’s a natural occurring thing with stories like this but I'll appreciate it more if it keeps us readers anticipating for more. But despite that, once they reconciled and talked things through they made a fresh start. It’s enjoying to watch them build back what they have before and although through the time that separated them and they’re very much different persons from then it’s really evident that their connection and love is still there.

There are no surprises. The story is just what it is and please I mean that as a compliment. It was your average novel that as I’ve said easy to read and definitely not too overwhelming. It was a good easy romantic read.