readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Wanted: Wife - Lacey Wolfe A guy who placed an advertisement looking for a fake wife to ensure his business.
A girl who has it all but chose to make it on her own.
Control freak parents. There is the best friend. The jealous brother and the bitchy ex -girlfriend and of course love all around.
This story is a wild case of craziness!

During this week, this is the second time that I’ve read a story wherein characters get attracted with a certain newspaper advertisement. Is that an omen that maybe I could also find my happily ever after on a newspaper classified ads? LOL.

Well, the concept of Wanted: Wife is nothing new for me, in fact I’ve read several stories with people hiring fake fiancés, wife or even husbands but as always it’s the way that you never really know what would happen or if it would lay you a different plate as to others that would hold you into reading it. Fortunately, even though the concept of this book was really not on the original side, I find myself still engaged with Steven and Darcy’s story.

I’m also thinking that this is another case of insta-love but I don’t think that’s really the case here because basically the characters already know each other in High School, its just that they don’t belong in the same social class during that time that they didn’t have the opportunity to dwell with each other. With them seeing each other once again – even in a very weird and awkward situation – they’ve known that they both harbor the same feeling for each other during their school neither do anything to act on it.

I like Darcy and Steven. They both gave me pure positive vibes throughout the story even though I wanted to smack the both of them for they lack on the communication aspect of their relationship. It’s really obvious they’re really into each other even though they’re only pretending it all. You could easily how they grow in each other.

It was a pretty short and easy read! So, if you're into simple contemporary reads, pick this one up!