readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Ryan Hunter - Piper Shelly, Anna Katmore I'm really a fan of stories told in guy's POV. It's just nice seeing a certain twist to the story that we don’t see when it's the girls telling it. So, once the news that Play With Me would be also be told in Ryan Hunter's POV, I’m definitely one of those excited ones.

This short novel gives us the different sides of Ryan Hunter that wasn’t really told on the original book. In here, we definitely see the sweet, romantic, charming, friendly, possessive, angry, pervy and the majority good side of Ryan. I like seeing his interaction with his family - how well he bonded with his mom, dad and sister.

She didn’t know it yet, but she wouldn’t stand a chance. In the end, she'd be mine.

Seeing how he's really into Liza throughout the book makes me smile - I mean a guy like him with girls flaunting on his ways yet he's pinning for that one girl who doesn’t even see him. Sigh. It made us all see how vulnerably in love he is with Liza and see the extent of what he could do for her.

With Ryan thoughts, it made me think how Liza could be so oblivious with all of this. Well, maybe it was overshadowed by her extreme fondness with Tony but didn’t she even feel a thang? Hmm.

I honestly enjoyed reading this but it feels like there is something lacking while I'm reading this. Maybe those tiny butterflies that hoarded my tummy while reading Play With Me isn’t much there maybe brought by reading it in girls POV but nevertheless reading this in Ryan's POV was still a delight.

With all the drama and angst that made up books this day Ryan Hunter – This Girl is Mine and even Play With Me are all refreshing things to read. I'll never get tired of stories like this - no dramas, not too much conflict, plain sweetness and happiness. I'm looking forward in reading more from this author and I heard Tony's story is on its way and I'll definitely look forward to his own happy ever after. :)