readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Smitten (Crush, #2) - Lacey Weatherford I'm too smitten with this book!
Love, family, action, mystery drama, suspense and intensity - the fire just keeps burning for Cami and Hunter.

Smitten kicks off a few months from where the first book Crush ends up. But the intensity and tension between Cami and Dylan is by far more palpable here, add up to this is the additional sense of suspense and action to Hunter's new mission.

He was set to be an undercover for a car thief suspected for murder.
But with one careless mistake, he unintentionally pulls Cami right in the middle of it.

Their relationship was tested when they both needed to watch each other acts as someone that they’re not while keeping their faces and story straight.

I won't say more but from that start expect a messy, intriguing but highly entertaining story along the way. The villains are all so convincing - they’re all nicely done. I have my hesitations with Ripper if he really is the suspect for the crime, I have a hunch but I was still surprised with things at the end. I honestly like the flow of the story – it was really unpredictable, the character’s and villains moves and everything in between. It’s all so convincing and good and the way things ended? I was surprised but I totally loved it!

I still love Cami - her strength as character, compassion and just the way she sees the good things in people. Having Cami dragged into Hunter's work could be very dangerous but I really do like how it was composed, I love the thrill it gives to me and the additional twist to the story. Hunter of course, still wins my heart here.

I had so much fun reading this book, in fact I think I enjoyed it far more than the first one. I laughed, get thrilled and swooned over those romantic scenes that I've been waiting for Cami and Hunter. I totally loved it. I could say that the wait for it was oh so worth it.