readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Lick - Kylie Scott What if one day I get the chance to visit Las Vegas, would I also ended up married?
That thought always pops up in my mind whenever I encounter 'Las Vegas' stories wherein people as always, ended up married either with someone they’re close with but most of the time married to someone that they just know for a couple of hours.

Just like Evelyn - who woke up with a massive hangover and with also a massive rock on her hand, a tattoo on her butt and a hazy memory as to what happened the other night.

Reading this was honestly all kind of fun. It was one of those stories with an overused Las Vegas plot line and the insta-love is back and alive but I can't erase the fact that David and Evelyn has a funny story to read - from their topless cuddles, to Mal's continuous bromance and banter between David add up to this is David's rock star life. It was all mixed so finely.

The chemistry for these two is there and they’re the types of characters that are easy to be with, but I just wish that their relationship has the time to evolve. I wanted a timeline to what they have, because everything happen so fast and as much as I enjoy reading it, the relationship they have seems to be too good to be true and unbelievable. One moment they’re together then the guy left and he get back the girl and they travel to some secluded place and the story goes on – I just wanted it to happen in due time and not instantly and all at once.

But in all, I enjoyed reading it. And I’ll be honest; I’ll be reading the next installment to this series if there is more. So, if you wanted a story with undeniable romance this book is definitely for you.