readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Delayed Penalty (Crossing the Line, #1) - Shey Stahl
So I stayed.
In a room full of family members praying for their loved ones to come through,
I prayed for a girl I didn’t know and never met before to have a beating heart.

Shey Stahl, I know you would never fail me. I was intrigued with the premise of this book, from the gorgeous cover, interesting storyline, great characters and awesome writing - it was all well combined at its finest.

I love skating and though it’s been awhile since I've been to one, I can’t help but feel happy whenever I get the chance to wear skates and glide through the ice. I'm not really a fan of hockey but I find it interesting enough. Delayed Penalty tells us a lot about the game itself plus the life that hockey player lives - not only the parties and girls but their life inside the rink.

Being a sports man doesn’t stop Evan Masen for still wearing his heart on his sleeve. He's the defenseman for a team in NHL, hockey is life. Being a defenseman, he has this tough outlook, but deep inside he's also a softie with a caring, loving and compassionate heart and mind. It's easy to like this guy. Reading on his view is so good, I just can’t explain it but he’s a very strong speaker.

Ami is the sweet, naive and nice girl who doesn’t have an easy life. After what she's been through seeing her live her life, having strength, freedom, determination and sprit was all to refreshing to see for a character like her. It's easy to love her as much as Evan.

Delayed penalty is the story about these two people meeting in a very unconventional and unpleasant circumstance but neither of them knows it would both change their lives. It shows us that sometimes fate has its funny way of getting the ways of two people into each other. I love the anticipation, mystery and just about everything on this one.

Shey Stahl is indeed an amazing writer. Waiting for You was the first novel of her that I've read but Delayed Penalty now holds the top spot. ;) The story also accompanies a very sensitive topic, but it was handled very well through it all.
And the suspect has been caught! The way it needed was also very much appropriate and take note, there is no cliffy! We get to see Leo’s story next.

With the number of books that are written today, there would always come a time when a certain one will simply blow your reading mind. Delayed Penalty did that for me. I was impressed with everything about this book so do yourself a huge favor and get this one now and let’s all wait for the next installment to this series arrived.