readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Valentine's Arrangement (Hero for the Holidays, #1) - Kelsie Leverich This is what I'm talking about short stories - they’re fast and easy to read at the same time all the things the readers needed are there and it just leaves them craving for me. The Valentines Arrangement is a fast sexy read and is a love story that is not all about flowers and hearts and the sappy stuffs.

Ronnie Clark is one hard gorgeous lady who's still hung up after what her ex-fiancé did to her. She it tattooed, mouthy and had her head set not to like men again. Kale Emerson - 'the fuckingly handsome Captain America impersonator - as Ronnie puts it is the clean-cut guy who stirs up her sleeping attraction with guys. She's not looking for a relationship and the feeling is mutual with him so an arrangement meant a very good deal for both of them until one of them has to leave and the other be left alone - that's where the arrangement gets hard to handle.

I did love the characters on this story. I loved how the author seems to twist certain aspects in terms of characters. She made Ronnie the tattooed and mouthy and bad girl and Kale was the good natured, clean cut and obeys the rules type of guy because in most of stories things are on the other way.

I really did enjoy the military aspect of this story since I'm really a sucker for soldier-army type of stories with me being a Dear John fanatic and all. Gosh, as I'm reading this I'm honestly picturing Kyle as Captain America (Chris Evans) and Channing Tatum (Dear John) from time to time. Ugh. With him being in army makes me like him so much.

I did enjoy the story. I'm looking forward for a book 2 of Kale and Ronnie. Looking for a read that would be fast, nothing deep but definitely good and swoon? Pick this one up! :)