readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Proximity: 1 - M. A. George

"I am hopelessly obsesses with a beautiful, intelligent, gentle, seemingly perfect man who is most likely completely unaware of my general existence. It is an altogether human emotional experience.

Did I mention I'm not human?..."

I haven’t read a wide of variety of Sci-Fi novels but reading Proximity opens up my imagination to a brighter Sci-Fi world out there. The copy was provided by the author a couple of weeks back now and I'm honestly skeptical about starting reading this because I have this certain fear that I wouldn’t like it as much as I’d like to, so I lagged into reading it, but when I finally find the time and the courage, I started it a few days ago and I was surely surprised that I was easily thrown into reading it. Once I got in that certain part of the book I can't get enough - It engrossed me and holds my attention.

The plot line was unique and pretty much interesting - filled with action and surprises. But the story’s pacing was really slow that sometimes you get the feeling that you’re losing the meaning of the things you read and it’s really not good. Another thing I consider not so good is the romance part of it – I was baffled; I don’t really know how did Palta and Eric easily ”fall in love” in that short span of time with not much talking or whatsoever. I consider their romance abrupt and don’t have a base to it. But if those circumstances I’ve pointed out are taken aside, I would consider them a good pair though.
For a book with pages that ranges around 400 or so I consider it too short. Too short for all the action I'm really anticipating. There are slow moments within the story that I think could’ve supplied with a much lively scene.

I did like the characters - all of them. No one in particular really stand up but each one of them worked perfectly for me when they’re all together. Love, friendship and family ties are well presented here.

Anyhow, I consider Proximity as a good come back for me into reading Sci-Fi novels once again and I'm definitely going to look next for its sequel. I'm still intrigued on how things are going to be on the next book.

*Thanks to the author for kindly providing the copy for review.*