readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Relativity (Proximity, #2) - M.A. George I'm going to kick off this review by saying that I really admire the author's creativity and impressive way of thinking and imagination with coming up with this kind of Sci-Fi cross Dystopian book. As I've said on my review of the first installment to this series I haven’t read my fair share of books belonging to this genre but once in awhile I find myself reading stuffs like this one and I always get to thinking how imaginative and creative those authors who come up with stories as such this.

As for Relativity, I really admire the author's detailed description of the Onontian World – from their language, traditions and other basic information about the made up world. It was unique and pretty much engaging to read stuffs regarding the world where the characters originate.

I come to love Aeron more here. He's just so damn perfect which makes me understands as to why Palta feels insecure about herself most of the time. At first I really find her insecurities a bit annoying because I think she’s questioning Aeron’s love for her but after seeing how perfect and unflawed Aeron is I understand where those insecurities come from. As for the romance part, Aeron and Palta is undeniably good together here. Though the story didn’t really focus on that aspect a glimpse of those cute lovey scenes from these two is really worth it.

Relativity picks up right where Proximity ends up. The story was still filled with action - a lot of actions and there are still surprises along the way. And contrast to what I've said on the first book as to the pacing of the story Relativity offers a much more engaging and fast pace flow.

In all, it was a great sequel to a story that is clearly left off the cliff. I come into reading this thinking this would be the last by NO! There still would be a third book and I'll surely wait for it. ;)

*Thanks to the author for kindly providing the copy for review.*