readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Twisted Summer - Lucy V. Morgan Twisted Summer offers to us a story and set characters that are definitely twisted at its finest. ;)

Who wouldn’t want to read a story about a forbidden love / relationship between a teenage girl and his 29 year old step-uncle? Isn’t that making you curios? Well, that’s the main part that got me jumping right out into reading this book and I'm telling you guys it surprised me in a couple of ways - in good and in bad.

In good ways - I was surprised to easily like Dani! I like her bitchy persona and how she deal with things. I easily relate to things she says and feels. With Gabe, I'm not immediately head over heels in love with him. I find him as an okay guy at first but as his weekend with ends and he began to call and write her letters - that's where I go a bit softie on him.

It was easy to dive into the world these two created. I find myself wishing that their weekend would not end and that every time that they’re together I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no one would see them.

I sooooo love the twisted / complication part of the story. As I’ve said it offers us a story plus characters that are twisted at its finest plus the entire ’forbidden love’ thing that in the end became the ’against all odds stuff.
(Hey! I'm a hopeful romantic so spare me the judgments. ;))

In bad way - I find myself feeling low about how the story ended. It seems too abrupt. I wanted things to end well with Gabe and Dani but things happened too easily for them - their transfer to another country seems to come too easy to the point it becomes way too unreal.

I also know that the forbidden thing is kind of the main complication on this story but the third party - Esme after knowing all that’s happening behind her back she make remarks about how they’re going to suffer what they’ve done to her and all those blah's so I was expecting her to do a comeback or revenge which leads me into thinking that that would be the other conflict of the story but no. After that Esme just seems to let things go. Tada! Vanished.

In all, Twisted Summer is one okay, fun and easy read. I guess I was just left on the hook and appetite doesn’t fit well with how it ended but overall, it went okay for me. It's still definitely worth the read. :)

*Thanks to the author for kindly providing the copy for review.*