readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2) - Angela Richardson Pieces of Lies left me off the hook so it’s just a definite need for me to read the next book and I was lucky enough to be given the chance to read and review this book early. Yay!

Pieces of Truth gives us the answers to the questions that are definitely left on the first book but Pieces of Truth still did open up a new can of worms for my own intriguing mind. I was set into thinking that this sequel would tie the lose ends that the first book left but surprise surprise because aside from the answers that I needed, new twists, events, and characters are added.

The characters are still as intriguing and as 'messing up my mind' kind of people. Gah! I'll begin with Norah's annoying, whiny and dramatic moments. She really did start to get in my bones with all her 'I love him but I doubt him' thoughts. Please girl, I know the situation is hard but it’s not right to hang bought guys by you. :(
I'm half-hearted for Clint - he has his reason for doing things and I do feel sorry for him at the end but I do know that what he did was beyond bad. Another things is that I think his character was kind of left off the hook at the end for there is no definite needing for him well aside from him moving on.
Now, Josh is the surprise here. ;) Mr. Master Manipulator

This is the first set of characters that I do love to hate. I know it seems silly but this group of people would surely get to your bones and ruin your thinking and may annoy you from time to time but at the end they would all suck you easily in into this messy world that they all created – it’s like you can’t escape it.

Hesitations about the story though is the still lack of further information about the secret society Lapell - the story didn’t even focus on that little part of the story, it did seem little but I think the Lapell is one of the foundation of this story and it needed a much darker highlight into it. Another thing is the too forced look on the plot of the story - I don't know but the twists and change of heart (though I know that would happen) feels so forced. The reason behind it was even more doubtful in my opinion.

Manipulation, lies and deceit - Pieces of Truth is like watching an investigative/drama program on TV - I never know what will happen or who to trust for it was written in a believable yet unbelievable kind of way. Things ended on a good note and I'm happy to end it like that. ;)

*Thanks to the author for kindly providing advance copy for review.*