readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Stubborn Love - Wendy Owens “I swear, Em, if you leave me I’ll kill myself”

Being always manipulated by those words and other physical abuse drives Clementine away from her husband. After three long years, she finally found the courage to walk out of his life but then he pulled the trigger and Clementine, widowed at the age of 26 is now left with an overwhelming guilt over her husband’s death.

----

Using your life as a bargaining chip to maintain your hold to the person you’re in a relationship with is one of the strongest defense that you could use. But I don't think it’s all fair; I mean we're all talking life and death here. I hate what Emmie's ex-husband did but as much as I hate it there is still a feeling of sympathy and sadness here.

Emmie was an okay character. I understand why's she's so aloof and sheltered at the moment but most of the time her judgmental side especially the bitchy side one doesn’t rub off good to me. I even find myself questioning what does Colin even sees in her.

The budding romance between Colin and Clementine was pretty much apparent on the story. The chemistry and the attraction is there but the tension of the relationship that Paige and Christian have seemed to overshadow what the protagonists have, which leads me to the main issue that I have which is that the characters a greater description or depth. It would’ve been nice to see and know more about Paige, Christian and Colin and even Clementine herself. The descriptions are there but I can’t seem to find that certain connection. They’re all great characters and I know there still more to them.

Stubborn Love is a heartwarming novel that is pretty much easy to read with its deep yet simple and sweet plot line. I didn’t have a hard time going through the story. It was a good read; it’s just that I’m still itching for more push.

*Thanks to the author for kindly providing advance copy for review.*