readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Hope Breaks - Alice Bello Is it too weird to say that one of my dreams is to visit a Walmart store? I know, it's weird but since I'm not living in the United States and I'm located all the way to the other side of it, I guess it’s not that weird. Well, here in Manila we have a store chain called WalterMart which as you can see is near the name Walmart, such an original right?

So, anyway, if I could find things, stuffs and people that Hope managed to meet and find at Walmart maybe I would need to buy a plane ticket now. Is that how really things are there? ;)

One thing is for sure on this book; Hope Jones is the epitome of wittiness and humor. I loved her internal monologues and Brad Pitt daydreams. She's a really funny character and the way she acted is all so natural to look and see. I love her job as a book cover photographer. With a lot of awesome and gorgeous book covers that surfaces these days, I never thought it would be that hard and that there would be too much work involve in doing those. Jake, on the other hand, is such a southern man. He's a smooth talker and all and despite of his age I still find him real attractive.

Hope doesn’t seem to recognize him from High school but it was pretty apparent that he remembered a lot of her from then. I have this certain feeling that Jake is still hiding something maybe from their High school days or so.

This is another case of insta-love presented to us in a silver platter, But as I've said insta-love or not, it’s all about the chemistry and how it was presented. Hope and Jake have this undeniable spark and I think they’re just simply perfect for each other.

Speaking of ages, what really is the age of Hope and Jake? On my copy which was provided by the author, it was told that Hope was 26 (Loc. 241 on Kindle) but then around the middle of reading I encounter another age which says she's 37 (Loc.346 on kindle)? Hmm. Please be kind to clear this thing up to me for that is the only issue I encounter here.

In all, it was a fun and great reading experience. I love the humor that accompanies the story. I can't seem to find any hint about the second novella but I do hope it come out soon. I'm excited to see what would happen next.

*Thanks to the author for kindly providing the copy for review.*