readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) - Colleen Hoover Point of Retreat started off just when Slammed ended. There is no doubt that I absolutely fell in love with Will and Layken's chemistry and all the whatnot to that story so I’m not really surprised to love Point of Retreat as much as Slammed.

Let's play the suck and sweet time here:

First off, the suck part, well I can't think of any, so I guess I'll just proceed to the sweet part. ;)

The sweet would most probably be the lighter mood of the story. The darkness that seems to shadow the first book has now passed and now is Will and Layken's time to be together. Will and Layken's relationship is still as sweet and wonderful as ever. This story is all about their love for each other, their life, their point of retreat and the whole things ahead of them.

But just when I thought things are going smoothly little mishaps or complications came – Will’s ex-girlfriend resurfaced and things between these two are being questioned. As much as I continuously said that I hate complications, this is one of those rare times that I think those bumps are necessary for I know Will and Layken will get through it. But be warned that the road to paradise isn’t easy; there are huge, tear-inducing bumps along the way. (Prepare your Kleenex)

As I’ve said this is full of sweet moments and addition to Will and Layken are Kel and Caulder’s participation. I love their intriguing and excessive questions and banter and seeing them growing and have crushes, it’s just so cute. Another character also surfaces in the identity of Kiersten, whom I want to steal out of this book and be my all time BFF myself. She brought a ray of sunshine and humor to the story with her wisdom and maturity despite her age .

Seeing this story was told in Will’s POV is refreshing. We’re opened into a side of him that is more romantic. We get to see and realize how he really sees Lake as a person – from their first meeting to their first date. Sigh, Will Cooper, please be mine.

In all, Point of Retreat is still as engaging as the first book. It gives us a view of how much deep the love of this two goes on. It was an amazing follow-up novel that would let you give a huge sigh of relief after you turn its last page. It was one bumpy ride to Will and Lake's story but I could say its all so worth it for their story is really precious.