readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Girl with Guitar - Caisey Quinn
“The world wants fun and shiny and new, but I save the best of me for when I’m alone with you. Yeah I’ll keep it all in, hide it under a grin. ‘Cause you’re the only one who sees, yeah you’re the only one who sees, the other side of me.”

How could authors make such brilliant lyrics - I don’t know how. All I know is that each and every fictional song I've read I wanted it to be made into real music. Girl With a guitar is a new adult story set into the colorful world of country music. The story flow would be so familiar to all of us – in fact it may even sound and come as cliché to every one plus the twists are not exactly new but there is this certain grip and reach that the story has that would surely let you finish the entire book and want for more.

Kylie Ryan's is one of those striving musician in Nashville. Trace Corbin is the country music's bad boy. Then they find themselves together in a tour.
But instead of being friendly and civil with each other they’re instantly both onto each other's necks/nerves due to their differences. But between all the words said and the fights fought is the lingering tension and attraction between each other.

Kylie is no different than any other normal person – she simply wants her dreams to come true. She’s been in a complete grief and sadness since her dad died and her step-mom kicked her out of the house. She’s a very strong character but she’s extremely sweet and gooey on the inside. Her character is built with life and love despite the things she’s been through. I like her and her determination into really achieving her dream and goals. Oh and this girl with a guitar is simply set to perform! The visualizations as she perform really captures me. She’s really born to perform! When she’s on stage she has this certain magnetic force that really captures her audience.

A little confession about Trace Corbin: I thought this guy was a genuine country artist! I’m a fan of a little country music and his name is really very country-ish so I simply thought he’s another artist merely mentioned on the book, but surprise surprise he’s a fictional character set out for this book! On to him, of course this guy has his own issues with his no-good mother and alcoholic father he is starting to let it all sucked him in leading him to the very same path his father crossed. At the beginning, he’s this completely arrogant guy that is so full of him; I honestly don’t like that kind of Trace. I like the Trace that came out after Kylie put him on his rightly place – the kind, sweet, thoughtful and very caring Trace Corbin.

Kylie is barely an adult and Trace despite being on the right age still has their shortcomings and issues and immaturity because of the things they’ve both been through, but the story did a great thing by showing us that they helped each other into the way of acceptance and healing. Plus I do like the fact that there is this simmering progression into their story, they didn’t both jump right into it.

The story ended in a very good note but this is not yet the end of Trace and Kylie's story. I just wish that their relationship would be strong enough for the upcoming hurricane that is about to land right through them on the next book which I would surely look forward to.