readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Ever Enough - Stacy Borel This is another tragic, roller coaster ride of emotion and drama, drama and drama.

For the past ten years, all Emilyn did was exist, she didn’t live - Ever since Finley left her during their High school graduation. But after slowly picking up parts of her life she met Weston fucktard! Yes, I really wrote that. Phew, a lawyer who was able to give her everything she needed. But then he slowly spends more time on his work and is slowly fading away from her..

Her growth as a character greatly shows here but what I don't get is how she could spend such too long time with her husband if she's not all happy. It's frustrating to see how she let her no-good husband manhandle her and her life. If she isn’t happy why stay inside the marriage? I know it’s not an easy task but after ten years, can't she just grow a backbone and speak up how she feels? Yes, she became stronger and learned her lessons along the way but damaged could be much controlled if she speaks up earlier.

As for Finley, he’s heartthrob worthy but I'm sorry to say his magic didn’t work out well for me. He's all so noble and nice with him choosing to leave Emilyn believing that that would make her happy and that’s the right thing but unfortunately there Is like this need to know more of him to truly justify his character.

I love love love Harper! She’s the only thing that is rational enough on this story! She has this nasty mouth of vocabulary but being friends with her is one great privilege. She would stand up and be there with you through the good and bad times - just like what she did with Emily.

We see glimpses of what happened between Emilyn and Finley during their past – their first meeting and even the first kiss but what was lacking for me is the set of activities that they’ve been in too for the long time that they’re not together. Emilyn became a housewife while Finley is a song-writer but what more? I’m itching to know more to build up their characters.

Oh and by the way, I’m happy that they achieved their HEA, but if I was on the place of Emilyn, I could’ve made Finley work harder to get me back. ;)

In all, Ever Enough is a book that shows how second chances especially in love are still accepted. That despite all the trial, heartache and time, you will find your way with one another if it’s really meant to be. The ending seems to be pushed and just set to put things where they’re supposed to be. But yes, its an okay read in all.