readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Beautiful Broken Rules - Kimberly Lauren Be Silly. Be honest. Be kind

Emerson Moore doesn't pretend to be anything. She is who she is and that's the reason she enjoyed her life - knowing her ways around frat houses, partying and YOLO-ing oh and She is the campus slut.
But she has rules - rules that no one dared to break until Jaxon Riley came and break down the rules and fences that she built.

Now faced, with this country loving boy. Would Emerson finally break the rules? Would breaking those be a huge mistake or a start of something so beautiful.

----

Ironic as it may seem I love the rough parts of this book - the revelations, fights and heartbreaks. I relate to the situation somehow but the big difference is how things ended.
Yeah, I'm being too personal and over dramatic and its just the beginning of the review, but in all honesty, those rough times with all those screaming and fighting and crying and those heartbreak stuffs. It seems like it tears through me.

"I know it never made sense for you to like me. I was never meant to be in a relationship with anyone. But you forced your way in, pushing past every barrier I had. Don’t give up on me now!"

Emerson is not the virginal, naive and cant seem to make a rational decision about things kind of girl. In fact she's the exact opposite of that. She is who she is. The guy's go-to-girl in times of body needs – the school slut. The very thing that makes me like her is her honesty. She's a girl that's been so honest from the get go. After some horrific events that turned her life upside down and make her believe in things in a weird way she makes her life the best of it. She simply enjoys life, have fun, play along with guys but never ever fall in love.

I do like her vey much except for the little thinking that she has about her parents. Let's all be honest, we all tend to jump to conclusions at times but at the end of the day we should at least make time or give space for a certain moment that maybe our conclusion could be somehow wrong and that certain wrong doing that we did could change great things in our life. That's why I was a bit pissed off of the way she thinks about her parents – maybe if she didn’t simply jump to that thinking her beliefs would be different.

Jaxon Riley - my 54656546533rd fictional character hubby. ;)
He's sweet, protective, passionate, always willing to talk and compromise and when he show affection he DO show affection. I love this guy! Simple as that. ;)

The other characters, From Cole and Quinn to Jace who definitely need s a story of his own I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. real tight is I might add even Micah and even the cool parents on the story (How I wish every parent treat their kids like that and thinks as the same way as them, we’re all very much easy to like! There’s not a characters that’s not to like.

I'm amazed by the extreme surge of emotion that come to me during those rough parts and those parts are also the reason that makes me love this book. Events are well-written and shoots straight to you.

Surely worth the read!