readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Lost and Found - Nicole  Williams

"Every morning we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better. Your past is your past. Leave it there and get on with your future."

Wow! As a first timer when it comes to Nicole Williams' works I was fabulously surprised to enjoy every page and moment of Lost and Found. Well, I'm not really a big fan of cowboy stories or such but the blurb looks interesting with the description of cowboys, bullfighting, honky-tonks and country music (well, this I'm a fan of) and I can't say no to story with those elements.

Lost and Found was told in such a flowery yet powerful way that makes readers like me thinks that there is really a deeper façade to the story. I love how it also captures the country experience.

Lost and Found offers to us a story that is somewhat different from the New Adult novels that surfaces these days, it involves for once a bad-girl and a good guy – they fall in love despite their extreme differences and circumstances.

Rowen Sterling is the kind of girl that is full of fear, doubt and most of all pain. She never had or experienced the kind of love that certain parents give to their child for she has a mother that only sees every bad thing. And the effect of those - she tend to push people away. Though she dressed differently, I honestly don't see her as the freak that she called herself to be. Instead, I see a normal teenager undergoing a transition on her life due to problems and pains. Upon arriving on the countryside, she easily weave into their daily routine - she helped do chores, makes friends and goes to fun events and I do admire seeing her enjoy every side of living there. I was happy for her to see her find who she really is.

Jesse Walker - the first time he came out of the picture and don't even get me started with his tight fitting jeans I’m definitely hooked!!! I'm not really a fan of cowboy guys but this one definitely kicked my heart out of my sleeves with his kind, accepting, gentle and understanding attitude add up to this is him being all positive and rosy about everything. Now some of you might think that those qualities are overly used to some other fictional characters out there, Yes Jesse is all that but his most redeeming quality is that he didn’t try to ’fix’ Rowen. Instead, he helped her see who she really is – the good and the bad. He helped her see and feel what love is and how to love. There is definitely no other cowboy like him.

Acceptance and letting go - Lost and Found capture these subjects greatly. A light contemporary read that would surely satisfy your sweet and needy little hearts.

Oh, before I end this review, I just have a little request: An Epilogue please? ;)