readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

No Attachments - Tiffany King I always have this thinking that when someone from a story that I’ve been reading is a runaway, it’s always because he/she is hiding from something or someone so dreadful and scary and unbearable. No Attachments also brought me to this line of thinking but what surprised me is that for once I was proven that this kind of little theory that I have is wrong because reading this story opens up to a new line of thinking that sometimes people runaway to avoid hurting the people that means a lot to them; the choose the way of leaving rather than staying to keep the hurt away from those people.

Just when I thought it’s another romantic love with the happy ever after I was mistaken. I did get the romance and the love story and the happy ever after but the heartache and surprise and angst between the pages added a great depth to the story.

Ashton is a very strong heroine yet very much vulnerable. She keeps a lot of things to herself and even we readers wouldn’t get to know what’s really inside her pretty little mind until the last few chapters. I do adore her and her strive to fight for what she really want.

From the get go, we know that Nathan is looking for Ashton but who is looking for her or for what apparent reason - we all don't know. (well unless you get to the end of it.) He just might be there for the job but that job also opens up to him a great deal about conquering his own past and finding out that the rules he set up is not always applicable. He’s a good complimentary character for Ashton - he has this power to open her up and make her little dreams and hopes come true without her saying to him. He's definitely what Ashton needs.

Simply put - I love Ashton. I love Nash. I love them together.

Riding a Bike
I honestly don’t know the whole literal bike experience since I don't get to know how to ride one (I know, such an unfortunate event for me), but one thing for sure is that I love how this phrase was given a whole lot of meaning on this story.

As for the twist - that's the great deal breaker for me because I totally like it! I didn’t see that one coming until the last chapters. As usual, I tried guessing what could really lie beneath this story but came up empty handed of ideas. The twist is how twists really should be like. No Attachments’ story unfolded in such a way that leaves us all readers in a constant state of suspense or surprise but all of it is so so good.

Tiffany King did surprise me with this beautifully written, poignant and emotional story. This is the second book from the author that I've read next from([b:Unlikely Allies|15845469|Unlikely Allies|Tiffany King|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1345767786s/15845469.jpg|21588908])and this would definitely be not my last from her. :)