readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Twisted Perfection (Perfection, #1) - Abbi Glines Since reading about Woods on the first book of the Too Far Series, I can't help but feel intrigued about this guy. Then Never Too Far came and his character was more justified and my curiosity to know what lingers behind this guy who seems to be so full of him and his company at the same time has a soft heart for Blaire makes me want to know what’s really behind his character.

Della's character issues are far too haunting. Honestly, those snippets from her childhood with her mother are too scary for me - feels like a horror story. She’s dealing with a lot of issues that even me as a reader bugs my mind big time. She's such a complex character and since meeting her, it makes me wonder what could lie ahead with her character; what’s more in store for her. Her past is the main mystery of the story but I still feel that her character has a lot more to give - maybe on the next book more things about her will be revealed, I just know that not all details about her are revealed here.

Woods - I know this guy will not disappoint me. Despite Della's condition I know I don’t have a place in my heart to be skeptical on how he would handle Della's situation but when his evil family comes into the way - I know that's when things will start to tumble. I can't help but feel torn if he would be able to stand up on his own or would he take the easy way of life that his dad offers; would he be really be the man who would make a commitment to Della or be the one who marry bitchAngelina? Seeing Woods vulnerable is such a different side – I know he is scared because for the first time, he encountered a girl who might be broken but has the power or is capable of leaving him before he does.

I do appreciate and I'm still a fan of Ms. Glines, but I can't help but question the validity of Woods and Della's relationship. Yep, it started all physical but after months of not seeing each other, when they stumble once again in each others path we saw that they both can't stop thinking about each other and blah blah then LOVE comes flipping its wings! Insta-love is so okay for me as long as it’s genuine enough and has its base. I’m looking for that something that lies between their one night stand to them falling in love – maybe I didn’t see it but they did fall in love right? That‘s what happened right? But why did they fall in love? That’s what I’m looking for. Jeez Louise! Please feel free to enlighten me here.

Abbi Glines' is making her mark on me for having serious cliffhangers on her books, Twisted Perfection's ending? Well, it ended quite better for me. There were no cliffhanger when it comes to Woods and Della’s relationship instead the cliffhanger comes in a more unexpected or more complicated manner (very far from the one we had on Fallen Too Far though) It was a peaceful ending knowing that these two are good as a couple.

All in All, it was another sure hit from Abbi Glines. I’m hoping that the next books to come (not only from this series) would have a greater depth when it comes to the source of love on their relationship to make it a bit realistic and not only fueled by sex. I would still surely be looking forward for more from Ms. Glines.