readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Knotted Roots - Ruthi Kight
"There was no knight in shining armor set on rescuing me, but there was a country boy in faded denim who loved me.'

As much as I enjoy reading New Adult stuffs there is always that unexplainable and that incomparable feeling that I get to feel whenever I read Young Adult and oh how I miss reading books from that genre. So now, after a long span of time I finally get around to read another YA novel and that missing feeling was gladly filled by reading Knotted Roots.

Knotted Roots offers to us a not so original kind of plot where 'the city-girl-turned-into-a-country/farm-girl is the main highlight. But the mystery and struggles of the characters within the book would surely make your reading experience emotional and worthwhile.

Is it just me or stories that fall under this genre all seems to be too short? Knotted Roots just seems to be too short for its own good. I find myself craving for more!

First Impression: Roxie will be the kind of character that will annoy me what with the spoiled-princess-city-girl kind of life that she lives. But as I go one reading she did surprise me in ways that are so familiar yet still surprising because yes she's the spoiled-princess-city-girl but the kind with a BIG AND KIND HEART; plus she's actually one of the most enjoying teller I ever encountered in reading – there was no dull moments with the way she was telling her story and she’s the kind of girl that is very realistic.She changed a lot - for the better. At a small amount of time spent with her grandma she did learn lot of things and it’s refreshing to see the new Roxie at the end of the story.

Of course a YA story is not complete without this too-goodie cowboy guy named Chase!! He's supportive and sweet and just a simple kind of country guy. His attitude towards Roxie and all the people around him really suited his character.

My little woe in this story is that it seems like the problem with Roxie’s parents are not explained further. It would have been better if there has been a conclusion with that subject. But this one aside - I like the whole package of the story.

Family, friendship, love, acceptance, lose and meaning of home all knotted into one beautiful story. Pick this one up guys - totally worth reading! :)