readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

One Week Girlfriend - Monica  Murphy Holy fluffy Marshmallows!

One Week Girlfriend was an unexpected read. I thought this would be another similar story as to other New Adult stories that surfaces these day but this one was filled wit twists and turns that would totally makes you wonder and be intent in knowing what really the secrets are. I really liked the author’s way of writing! It was precise, easy and definitely unputdown-able.

As unexpected as it was, around the middle of reading this I had a hunch on what’s the secret stuff is and I knew it! I knew there is some stinky about that lady! The few twist and turn that this story presented leaves me wondering how it all will play out even though I already have the idea on what it is all about.

Fable (this is really a unique name) is the girl that led a very hard life. She is left to take care of her teenage brother because their mother has the irresponsible sign written around her. She works in a bar to earn money to keep her and her brother fed. She is a very strong lady. She has issues of her own, yes but she didn’t hesitate to reach out to Drew and help him deal with his own life issues and demons. She's there with him all throughout.

Drew is the golden boy. A boy from a well family, college football quarterback and can have any girl he chooses. He has secrets, who doesn’t have them? But his are seriously disturbing as to what we might all have and kept. I honestly didn’t get his hot and cold attitude with Fable on the first parts but everything comes into place when his secrets and little by little revealed.

Sizzling Chemistry = Huge check! Drew and Fable has the chemistry that definitely sizzles. Neither of them wants to be involved with one another but they did end up involved with each other. I really like their tandem and how they conquer each other pasts and learn the value of love and trust. Seeing them with love and trust was just beautiful - Drew has a dark past that no one really know about and Fable has her own struggles in life so watching them work things out was really good to read.

I'm really really looking forward to the continuance of Drew and Fable's story. New Adult is taking hit right now, so if you’re a fan of them please do read this one and enjoy it!