readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Falling for the Ghost of You - Nicole Christie Super great humor, good story and awesome characters - now wouldn’t you want to read something with those elements in one?

I started reading this book without any expectations just this certain need to know what the hype is all about and the high ratings here on GR so I was really oh so surprised to find that behind the not so complimentary cover is a sweet, funny and pretty hot story!

Sometimes we all need an escape to complicated stories and simply dive into a world where it feels like nothing could go wrong; a story that’s almost similar to a fairytale. I'm one of those who loved happily ever after and this book totally gives us those dreamy unrealistic stuffs that we girls crave for. Yes, it’s unrealistic in a very complimentary way but it’s also an escape of sorts and if you’re a girl I know you crave stories like that.

The story was also full of extreme funny moments and lines. I was in serious constant giggling mode while reading it. Let me share to you some of those funny lines:

No, I really did. I walked into that room and saw the hottest sexiest guy I’ve ever seen- wet and half naked. And I said “Ewww”? I know. How am I still single, right?

“Holy shit,” he breathes. “Is this the girl that ate you?”
“Ha, no. You’re funny.” I snatch my picture back.
“So I was super fat. It’s my father’s fault. He never hugged me.”
“So, what, you ate him?”

The characters are all so good! I love them all.
Violet is just so hilarious. I immediately love her awkward, smart-ass and witty attitude. Oh My! I even see myself on her at times which is really weird and funny. Her mom was and best friend Lauren was just as hilarious. The three of them are like cut up from the same cloth!

Zane is sweet, gorgeous and hot. There were some scenes between him and Emily that shouted extreme sexual tension! And I immediately felt it. They were just so amazing together.

The complication on the story is something that I didn’t really expect. I honestly have a few guesses but none of them come near the truth and the truth didn’t even actually cross my mind. After finding out I know you might find it cliché or overused or mainstream but I love it. It ended good for me.

Funny moments greatly mixed with the pretty steamy ones - Falling For The Ghost of You is one entertaining book to read. I honestly didn’t get bored. If you something light and funny read be sure to pick this one up.