readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) - Tahereh Mafi I keep reminding myself that Warner is the villain and that I shouldn’t like him that he might ruin Juliette and Adam and I hate complications but I just can't explain it anymore. As said on my review of Shatter Me, I don't know why Juliette is conflicted with her feelings between Adam and Warner but after reading this I think I get to see a bit of where she’s coming from.

This is Warner's story and we also get to read a bit of his mean daddy – the dude scares me! I still see him as the villain but with his story we get to see that behind the mask of the powerful, heartless and torturous leader is an actual person who feels down and thinks how his actions may affect the people around him. We get to see his motivations and take a look on his thinking and let’s be honest, his thoughts are all reasonable and valid and the actions and things that he do all happened for a reason.

I enjoy reading Warner’s story but being exposed to his real identity this makes things harder for me. I’m still Team Adam but reading this makes me hesitant to go through my reading of the second book for the fear of liking Warner. I know I shouldn’t make this much an issue to myself but I’m terribly scared and confused now.

Oh Warner, Warner. What should I do with youuuuuu?