readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Waiting for You - Shey Stahl Oh Road Trip stories! How I love those. I'm practically excited starting this book because I know its road-trip type of story plus it’s also a love story. It’s my first book by the author and I’ve read a lot of good stuffs about her writing prowess and okay I’m impressed. I likey liked this story!

Bailey has the perfect grades, perfect friends, perfect boyfriend and perfect life. But somewhere in her planned-out life she wanted something unpredictable. She wants to make mistakes get in trouble and just live life.

Dylan doesn’t care much about school, he has limited friends, girls are flaunting over him and his life was ruined since his mother died. And somewhere inside his ramshackle life he just wanted to break away.

Waiting for you was a story of kisses, lust, passion, youth, mistakes, lies, hiding, stupidity, judging and most of all love. What would you do for a piece of forever? What would you do to love more, feel more and live more?

Dylan and Bailey are nothing alike on other people's perspective but deep down inside they have a lot of common things together. As they embark on a summer journey together I get to see their chemistry and their long-lived feelings for each other. Bailey impressed me with her graduation speech and her courage to cross-off everything on her Summer Bucket list while Dylan got me with his James Dean like hair and extreme and passion and love for everything that mean the most to him.

Reading books like this makes me feel that I was along side with them taking the journey. I'm thrown head first into the life story of the characters. But what surprise me here are the emotions invoked by the story itself. The main character Bailey has a magical voice and use of words because everything she described and tells wraps me up around. I can feel every tiny bit of her descriptions. She is a very effective POV to read into.

The spontaneity on the story is very refreshing and fun to read. Dylan and Bailey make me want to embark on a journey of my own too! Though the story reminded me of another road-trip story Waiting for You stand up on its own. I liked it baby! :)