readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

True Love Story - Willow Aster It has been 56 hours since I started reading this book. 18 hours and 15minutes since I finished it and approximately 43 minutes since I started writing this review. (whew. It was hard to compute all those hours!)

Surprisingly Beautiful.
After reading this, I begin to ask myself why didn’t I pick this up and read this a couple of weeks ago? I keep seeing it on GR but just I continuously pass by it. Plus the cover didn’t appeal and make sense to me and after reading it still doesn’t make sense to me - maybe I'm not seeing something that creator sees on the cover so it doesn’t really make sense for me (please feel free to lighten me up on that one)So when I already find the time to pick this up, I was surprised as hell to see what those people are talking about this book.

The path to forgiveness isn’t easy.
Ian and Sparrow's story take us on a journey of love, forgiveness and redemptions. I'm telling you guys, this is not a smooth ride. We would encounter bumps, blocks and rocks here and there but one thing's for sure it's all worth it.

The flashback concept of the story was pretty good. I know beforehand that something has gone wrong with their story as soon as I started reading this and as I try so hard to prepare myself for the inevitable but the things that happened between this two still caught me off-guard. Reading this is like a roller-coaster ride - one minute your there at the top of it all then it would suddenly fall down and twist and turn.

Sparrow is a preacher's daughter. She said what everyone expected her to say, wear what they expected her to wear and acted how they expected her to act. I really like her young, carefree, witty, smart and funny attitude. She also has good relationship with her parents but she doesn’t let them control her decisions. She also has this awesome best friend who supports her all the way. Pretty much in all, she has a god relationship with people around her. But even though it seems that she got everything that any girl could want she still wants more. As the story progress we see her develop in a woman of her own - independent, successful, loving and smart. Reading in Sparrow’s POV is very distinct and catchy. Her descriptions of things are so précised and you could really felt it a long while reading it.

Thick black hair, soulful eyes, rocking body, great voice, magical hands when it comes to guitar - Ian Sterling is on his way. I already encounter several characters that scream a personality like Ian but what makes him different from other is his complete, utter and irrevocable love and devotion to Sparrow. He is commitment-phobic but seeing him writing those love letters tells me how much Sparrow meant to him and how clearly he wanted to commit to her. The feelings he harbor for Sparrow is too deep to describe - once you've read it you'll know what I'm talking about.

We get to see Ian and Sparrow's relationship as the story moves along. We see the struggles they encountered - time, distance, temptations, and attitudes. As I've said their story is like a roller-coaster ride and emotionally wise it’s also like a roller coaster ride. Their story brings out deep emotions within you. I laugh, smiled, cried, and swoon over them. They’ve been through the good and the bad the ups and the downs and with those I know that what these two have is True Love. People say it’s rare but Sparrow and Ian still find it even after “two years, ten months, and five days” of not seeing and talking with each other.

I really want to go to every swoony detail this two has done for each other but I can't. I don’t want to spoil the fun and excitement when you meet up with them. ;)

I was overly engrossed and I devoured reading it. If you want a not so typical love story that would melt your heart and makes you believe the True Love is just there around the corner pick this one up. A fantastic story that I would surely remember! Super recommended!

PS. To the author: An extended epilogue please? :)?