readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Wanted - Kelly Elliott New Adult genre is definitely storming the waves these days and to be honest I love most of them. I love those cliché yet romantic and sweet kind of stories they offer but some of them stand out from their own and some don't. Wanted stood out for me because the description easily sold on me plus the cover was just so romantic and it was a definite perfection to my eyes.

First things first, there is honestly a lot of cussing happening on this book. Even if you DNF reading this the cuss words littered already the first few pages. I try to understand why the characters are using such language but when I come to the part where Gramps also used a cuss word whoa there! I was beyond surprised. There isn’t even a page without those words. I'm not trying to complain about it because I myself cuss at times but I think there's just an abundance usage of those words that sometimes it’s not already relevant they just say it for the purpose of cussing.

So now I get that rant out of my system lets brighten this review up. Behind those abundance usage of cuss words lies a good story. A story of friendship, love, conquering pasts and looking for a brighter future.

Gunner is the best friend of Elli's brother and I know when they first lay eyes on each other that instant attraction is on its way. I really do like the both of them but I'm a bit uhm disturbed with the main complication that happened between their relationships. It just seems too abrupt. One time they’re good then they’re fighting, breaking up and bam they’re together forever no more talk after the conflict just HEA. Things seems to happen easily for both of them, maybe its God's will to them or Cupids work but I'm craving for more from them a little bit of hardship I say?

As much as I want to focus only to Gunner and Elli's story, Jeff and Ari really hold me captive throughout the story. There is no doubt about their secret love and desires for each other and seeing their continuous banter and endless fights make me smile and root for them more. Most of the time I'm only looking forward to them which I think is a not so good idea since this book is supposed to be Gunner and Elli’s story right? I think, Jeff and Ari’s story has the tendency to over staged the main story of this book - maybe it’s just with me but never mind its just an idea.

I know mostly I just rant there but despite all that I still appreciate the story of the book and I still like it and I still think that the cover is perfection and I'm so still looking forward to the upcoming installments to this series.