readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Hard to Love - Kendall Ryan Alexa, the good and inexperienced girl from a privilege family meets and falls for Cade, the experienced and bad boy guy with great responsibility from not so privilege side of town. Sounds cliché? Yes it is.

But starting the first chapter and the first thing you've read is this:

"I knew a four-hour erection wasn’t normal"

Admit it that was not something you always get to read and wouldn’t you be interested on continuing the story after reading that? How often do you get to read stories that start like that? That’s a definite first for me and honestly the first few chapters were way too awkward and I burst out laughing with Cade’s introduction.

Hard To Love is not simply a story about good-girl-falling-for-the-bad-guy and its also not about an-experienced-handome-guy-trying-to-get-in-the-pants-of-a-virgin-girl. Nah. No. It’s more than that. It is a story about a guy and a girl who falls into each other. But both of them have their own responsibilities and things to uphold and maintain. They’re like two sides of a coin – very much different yet can’t seem to get away from one another.

Cade has the responsibilities a man of his age shouldn’t handle. He's trying to make a good life for his sister whose health always comes first but for a very high price for him. I admire his sweetness and care for her. It isn’t always that we get to see guys like him handle children and really I'm a sucker for characters that are pretty close to children.

Alexa has the world at her feet. She's the prim and proper nurse whom Cade met during one of his uhm unfortunate events. Lol. I admire her likeness to help Cade and his sister and the way she treated his sister like a princess melted my heart.

The character development was the thing that was off for me on this story. Cade and Alexa were very admirable characters but I just can’t seem to connect with them. It seems that I saw only a small part of who they really are. I want to dig-in deeper into them because I know we could see more there.

It was a fun short story to read. The beginning really caught me tho. If you’re looking for another fast and easy read about a good-girl-falling-for-the-bad-boy-with-a-good-heart, be sure to pick this one up! :)